Monday, October 17, 2011

5-Minute Appletart

If you ever had nightshifts in your life you know how vulnerable you feel the morning after. You also feel a strong need to do something good for you, to get into your cosiest cardigan, wear some warm socks.... and of course including something delectable treats for your breakfast or for later, after having slept a little bit... to enjoy a cup of tea with some fresh, homemade piece of a cake or a tart... This are the good moments in life! So on the way home this sunday, after having been on duty the whole saturday, I was thinking about what treat I could do without too much effort and satisfying nonetheless my need for something sweet and regarding the morning freshness giving a little warm feeling...
I remembered my puff pastry and lots of apples waiting... As I was not in the mood to spend too much time in the kitchen but strongly wanted my selfmade cake, I decided to make my 5-minute Appletart. Believe me you want need much more time, excluded of course the time to bake the tart. But meanwhile the tart bakes you can browse some journals and enjoy the odour coming out of your oven and filling your home, cuddle in your duvet and waiting for the tart coming out of the oven.... So you can imagine my sunday morning?
You need (for a tart of aprox. 20 cm):
- 1 ready to use roll of puff pastry (250 g)
- 500g sweet-sour apples
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
To prepare:
1. Cut out of your puff pastry a circle in the size you want. I made a circle from about 20 cm
2. Put the puff pastry circle on your baking tray armed with parchment paper
3. Cut your apples in rather thick slices (i did not peel the apples) and put them on your pastrybase
4. Disperse the brown sugar on the apples
5. Put the tart in the lower part of your preheated oven (180 C) and bake for about 30 min.
6. Heat up the honey and brush over the apples with it to glaze them
 

And now relax and savour.... and enjoy a quite day...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...