Thursday, June 2, 2011

Parmeggiano-basil Cracker

Once again I should learn... next week I have my next exam: Controlling... not really fascinating... During learning I need something to crunch... Chips are already gone.. So I went to the kitchen and made my own crackers. This time with parmeggiano and basil. Easily done, so I could soon start again to look into the papers... But first I wanna share the recipe with you and then I promise I´ll look into those books :) !
You need (makes about 30 cracker, amount depending on the size of your cookie cutter)
100 g fresh grated Parmeggiano
100g melted butter
100g all purpose flour
a small bunch of basil
To prepare:
1. Knead together butter, parmeggiano, flour and the chopped basil leaves
2. Roll out the dough on a parchement paper dusted with some flour until the dough is about 3 mm thick
3. With as cookie cutter you cut out the crackers and place them on a oven tray armed with parchement paper
4. Preheat the oven to 200 C and place meanwhile the oven tray with the crackers in your fridge for 10 minutes
5. Bake the Parmeggiano-basil crackers for 10 minutes until slightly golden brown
Mmmhh who cares about controlling :) ?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! These look so delicious and I can think of a lot of variations, just using different types of herbs and cheeses. I love your cracker cutter! I've never seen one like that but it seems it would be so handy! Thanks, Chris

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...