Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer Berries Cake

As the heat is gone and we enjoy now some fine last summer days with agreable temperature, my envy for cakes to accompain my cup of tea comes back. During the hot, hot days that we had last week, I prefered icecream :) .  My candy drawer was empty..who the hell ate all the sweets? So I had to bake something to satisfy my sugar need :) . In my fridge a variety of berries waited for their use...

You need (for an oven tray):
- 150 g butter
- 175 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 225 g flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 600g mixed berries (I used blackberries, wild blueberries and raspberries)
- 400 g crème fraiche
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. icing sugar
- a dash of cinnamon
To prepare:
1. Mix together soft butter and sugar until the sugar is well melted.
2. Add eggs one by one.
3. Fold in the flour, baking powder and milk. 

 4. Put this mix on a baking tray (with parchment paper) and bake in the to 200 C preheated oven for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile wash the berries and mix together crème fraiche, egg yolks and cinnamon.
6. Take the cake base out of the oven and disperse the berries and the crème fraiche mix on it. Put back in the oven and bake for further 15 minutes.

7. Let the cake cool down before you cut in pieces and sprinkle with icing sugar.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...