Sunday, November 3, 2013

Millet - Porridge with Oatmilk

 I confess that since my childhood I hated gruel, porridges and all those things. But starting with vegan meals and being growen up I tryed different porridge and became a fan  :). One I really love is this millet porridge prepared with oatmilk. I would not drink oat milk without any addition. I find it also does´nt look very attempting. But for cooking this porridge it´s ideal as it does not get burnt. Meaning that it is ok when you stir only from time to time...
You need (for 3 - 4 servings):
150 g fine millet
500 ml Oatmilk - and some more milk (oat, soy or whatever) to adjust the porridge before serving to the creamyness you like
some agave syrup
1 - 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
Some grated Vanilla bean (amount up to your taste)
Different fruits cut into small pieces or you use a fruit salad
To prepare:
1. Bring millet together with the oatmilk to a boil and then let simmer at low heat for about 30-40 minutes. Stir from time to time. If needed add some more milk (when millet is not yet cooked)
2. Adjust with Cinnamon, grated vanilla bean and agave syrup up to your taste
3. For serving place the millet porridge in a bowl and decorate with fruits or you give it in a glass by layers (1 layer porridge, 1 layer fruit ...). It might be that you have to add some more milk before serving to get it more creamy.

Up to you you can eat the porridge while warm or you eat it when cooled down. I like to prepare a bigger amount and then reserve it in my fridge for a ready to take away breakfast for the next days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...