Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fish Surprise Package: Simple - Healthy - Tasty: what more do we need?

Of course there could be a bigger surprise than a meal in a kitchen foil package.... But once you have opened the package and the fragrance of the fish with the vegetables and herbs comes up to your nares and reaches your olfactory system... you will know what I mean...
And it is one of the easiest and most reliable ways to obtain a perfect cooked fish.

You need the following ingredients, apart the kitchen foil:
- Filets of shark catfisch (about 120 g / person)
- 150 g Carrots / person
- 1 teaspoon mediterranean herbs / fish filet
- 1/2 small onion / package
- Extra vergin olive oil, salt and pepper

How to prepare:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C
2. Mix 1 Tablespoon of olive oil with 1 teaspoon herbs and marinate the fish filet in these mixture until you have finished the preparation of the vegetables
3. Wash the carrots and cut them into about 5 cm long slices. Cut the onion into small cubes ore slices and mix it with the carrots
4. Cut a piece of the kitchen foil, long enough to create later on a sort of package that can contain the vegetables and the fishfilet (about 40 - 50 cm). Interfold the foil so that it is more stable (you have now a double layered kitchen foil sheet)



5. Put a good lug of olive oil on each foil sheet and put the onion-carrots on it. Season with some salt and pepper
6. Lay the marinated fish filet on the vegetable and season also with some salt and pepper
7. Drizzle the rest of your marinade over the fish and vegetables
8. Fold the foil to create a package as shown (do not make it to tight around the content but it should be kind of airtight)
9. Put the package on a oven tray and put it into the preheated oven for about 20 - 25 min. (depending on the size of you carrots)
And now it´s time to open our package: you can smell it ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Katerina said...

I love your fish package. As you say it is simple and tasty.

Steve said...

Hi there!

My name is Steve Walters and I recently started blogging at http://www.eatingbangkok.com, which is currently being updated with recipes, but in the next few months will be my vehicle for covering the food and restaurant scene in Bangkok Thailand.

I am now in the process of meeting as many food bloggers as I can and I found your site http://delicedispahan.blogspot.com recently and was pretty impressed. I've added your site to my Foodie Blogs list here: http://www.eatingbangkok.com/foodie-blogs/ and would also like to add you to my blogroll.

If you could add my site to your blogroll and write back to let me know it has been added (foodie [at] etingbangkok.com) I will add you to mine as well and the exchange would be greatly appreciated!

As you might imagine I am very excited to get moved to Bangkok and get started on covering the food scene there as I feel it is an area that isn't well covered by English speaking bloggers. I plan on adding loads of great reviews, pictures and even video and will be holding contests as well. It should be fun, entertaining and informative for everyone that visits.

Thank you so much in advance for adding me to your blogroll and I look forward to reading your posts (I've subscribed!) and maybe even featuring some of your own posts as I do plan on a weekly roundup of Thai themed recipes and posts from other food bloggers.

Warm regards,
Steve

P.S. If you are on Twitter I would love to have you as a follower and I follow back:
http://www.twitter.com/eatingbangkok

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...