Sunday, February 27, 2011

Teatime - is every time!

I confess: I have a butler.
The only problem: it´s a wooden one :)
 Nonetheless I adore him, his name is Friday and he serves me my tea.

He was a gift for Eastern years ago...
Teatime for me is quite on any daytime and on any occasion. I drink Tea for Breakfast, for Lunch, for Dinner, when I feel sad, when I feel happy, when I feel stressed....
 So over the years I developped something like a teapotcollection and I use quite all of them. Ok some of the pots I use more often then others but also because some of them looks pretty good but are´nt very usefull as they drip horribly while serving the tea. But quite every Teapot has a little history....
This one is one of my oldest one. It was part of my wedding gifts...quite a long time ago... the Teapot remained always faithful... Unfortunately Rosenthal stopped to produce this decor and the number of my cups decreased over the time....

The white one is a classic designed from Gropius (one of the founder of the great Bauhaus).


I have also the black variant that I use rarely to not get in danger that it breaks...Silly! This danger is not given with the small iron teapot. The blue is beautiful in my opinion. But I also do not use it very often as he is very heavy..but cute, no? 
The hanging one seems impressively useful with the integrated teapot-warmer..still I am not conviced..and we´ve been together for a long time.. Instead the little pot with the treefoils is a gift from a friend of mine and I use it very often. She brought it from Ireland to say thank you as I was looking a little bit about her growned up childrens during her holidays...
The small glasspot is intended for teablossoms. They are quite expensive and I find their taste not so great..so he is also not often in use. Meanwhile the pot called Salam from Guy Degrenne is one of my quite daily used. It is a combination of a porcelaine pot with a steel cover lined with felt to maintain your tea hot..very tricky and useful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...