Monday, May 23, 2011

grissinis for Impatients and Kitchendummies :)

I confess that I am a little bit impatient especially when I am hungry or of course when I am late or when I have an idea in my mind that would need more time that I don´t have.... As the sun is shining bright the last days you see people making a picknick or opening the barbecue season... That´s for me also the time for snacks, for Prosciutto, some glass of chilled wine and some Grissinis... I´ve read different recipes of Grissinis the last days and came home today quite hungry = quick please, something to savour. So all the different recipes that sound really great about grissinis have one problem: they would take too much time (even if I wanna try some of those recipes one day..). And as I said I want Grissinis right now! Taking some puff pastry combined with cream cheese with herbs, some sesam, some salt, some fresh herbs and 18 minutes later I had my fresh, tasty Grissini.
 You need:
1 ready rolled puff pastry (275 g)
100 g cream cheese with herbs (I took a Gervais with herbs)
Some fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, some sesame seeds or for example some poppy seeds.... 

Preheat your oven to 180 C and place a parchement paper on your oven tray.
Spread the cream cheese on your puff pastry plate and cut in small about 5 mm stripes.
Twist each stripe and place on your oven tray.
Sweep some water on them with a kitchen brush and disperse the seeds and herbs
Bake for 18 minutes
If you wanna bring them to your Barbecue invitation or to your new neighbours or to your friends or ... bundle them with some ribbon and place in a small basket. Have you baked enough Grissinis?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! These look totally amazing and so... easy. Your photography is just beautiful, also. I love to have recipe like this in my arsenal! Thank you!

Mary Bergfeld said...

These really look delicious and I really like how simple they are to make. This is a lovely recipe. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...