Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Onion-Bacon-Cake

Ok I confess I have also started to bake my christmas biscuits. Did´nt you? This year I swear, I will do less different sorts than the years before... Let´s see... At the moment on any occasion one offers you some biscuits to taste. I love biscuits, especially those that you only get during christmas time. But eating all the time so much sweet things I feel the strong need for something salted. So this Onion-Bacon-Cake was the right treat to balance my "oversugared" stomach.
You need:
-  1 roll  puff pastry (275 g)
- 3 medium - big onions
- 200 g bacon
- 200 g sour cream
- 100 ml liquid cream
- 200 g grated cheese (I used a Pizzamix)
Salt and pepper to season
To prepare:
1. Roll the puff pastry on a oven tray armed with parchment paper
2. Bake for 10 minutes in the oven (preheated to 210 C). Do´nt be afraid the puff pastry will rise...

3. Meanwhile cut the onions and the bacon in fine slices
4. Put onion and bacon in a pan and fry them until transparent

5. Mix together sour cream, cream and cheese. Season with salt an pepper (be aware: onion and bacon might be spicy enough)
6. Put on the prebaked puff pastry the onion-bacon and cover with the cream-cheese mix. Bake for 20 min. at 225 C and then for further 15 min. at 180 C until golden brown and crispy.
7. Cut in slices with a sharp knife or a pizza cutter and savour hot (wait some minutes because right out of the oven it is very hot!) or cooled down

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...