Friday, April 15, 2011

Cookies and Cream - Parfait

You know those icepots from Häagen Dazz? Macadamia Nut brittle or Cookies and Cream? No, I do not mean the small one...I mean those really big ones... I think normally intended for the whole family... But who the hell can stop eating a Häagen Dazz after some spoons? But it is quite expansive and so we buy it only from time to time. Mainly when we need some special "caresses" : ) . As there was some Mascarpone remaining in the fridge I was thinking about some Parfait. By the way I found some remaining Oreo Cookies.... And some caress one need every day, isn´t it ? I like to prepare this Parfait in single portions. Therefore I fill it in my small metall ramekins that I can put in the freezer. This way you have a great desert prepared and waiting for his "appearance"...
Ingredients:
75 ml water
75 mg sugar
4 egg yolks
125 g Mascarpone
150 g Heavy cream
4 - 6 Oreo Cookies
2 Dash Vanillapaste (from Nomu for example or 1 tsp. vanillated sugar)
How to prepare: 
1. In a casserole heat up water and sugar until boiling. Cook for about 10 minutes. You will get a sugar sirup.
2. Whisk the egg yolks until creamy and pour the hot sugar sirup to them. Continue beating until cold.
3. Whisk the heavy cream until stiff and add it, as well as the mascarpone to your egg yolk - sugar mixture

4. Crumble the Oreo Cookies and fold them in.
5. Pour the mix in some ramekins or a small loaf tin and freeze for some hours.
6. To unmold put the ramekins for some seconds in hot water.

Ooops........ : )


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...