Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cottagecheese - Trout - Puffs

 The sun is shining bright and we have real springtime temperature.. and in the radio they tell me that it will get rainy within the next days :(( !!! Some of my friends are taking the occasion to go for the last time this year skiing, other one are starting to buy plants for their garden and looking about some decorations for Eastern.
I also already started with painted eggs hanging on catkins and primroses in different colours, daffodills all around in my flat...
So I was also in the mood for some light, tasty treat that may be a good "companion" for some of the young white wines from my homecountry. Already some days ago I was thinking about puffs. I´haven´t done them for quite a long time. Mainly they are known as desert. I decided to do some salty filled puffs. As I had quite a lot of dough I made 2 different forms: one round and one longer - little bit like bones. Regarding the bone look-a-like, I decided to use them for my salty filling.  The round one, I got them into my freezer and reserved for some sweet filling that I could do within the next days or weeks, or..lets see when I´ll be in the mood..
As ingredients you will need:
200 g all purpose flour
250g water
100 g soft butter
1/4 tsp. salt
4 medium sized eggs
8 g baking powder
50 g smoked trout filet (p.P.)
Some iceberg lettuce
100 g Cottage cheese
Some parsley
Some balsamic glaze

Directions to prepare the puffs:
1. In a large saucepan, bring water, salt and butter to boil.
2. Add flour and baking powder, stirring until the mixture forms a smooth ball. Remove from the heat; let stand for about 10  minutes.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition and continue beating until mixture is smooth.
4. Fill the dough in a piping bag and pipe small amounts of the dough (in a round or bone like shape) on a oven tray (armed with parchement paper)
5. Bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven (200 C). Do not open your oven during the baking time, otherwise your puffs will not rise!
6. Let cool down on a wire rack before fillig your puffs.
To fill the puffs:
1. Cut them in two halves
2. First put some chopped lettuce on the base
3. Put about 1 tsp  cheese (or more regarding the size of your puffs) on the lettuce
3. Top with a small slice of smoked trout and some parsley and cover with the second part of your shell
4. Put the puffs on a plate and disperse some balsamic glaze over them
The puffs should be eaten the same day within some hours.....

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...