Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chocolate Heaven - Brownies

I like Brownies when they are very soft and moisten, I like chocolate and I like walnuts.... The following recipe is based on a Nigella Lawson Recipe from her Book Nigella Express. In fact I also like very much this cookbook as the recipes are easy and simple to prepare but nonetheless with a certain "twist". I also find them very good explained and there are a lot of pictures. I hate recipes and cookbooks without some photos that shows me how the result should be, without some "mouthwatering pictures" inspiring my fantasy....
So by the time I´ve got quite a lot of cookbooks. But when I go to a bookstore I can not avoid the Cookbook Department...
So I also have tried quite a lot of Brownie Recipe but this is my favorite. Depending on  the chocolate you use, the taste will differ a little bit and of course also regarding the nuts you use... Great is also that those Chocolate Heaven - Brownies stay like fresh baked for some days.. But I wonder if you could resist very long.
To prepare the Brownies you need:
225 g dark chocolate (I used a 75 % cacao containing chocolate)
210 g grounded almonds
100 g coarsely chopped walnuts
180g sugar
1 dash of vanilla paste (or 1 tsp. vanilla sugar)
225 g butter
3 medium sized eggs, whisked in a bowl with a fork
a Brownie Baking pan (meaning a rectangular baking pan about 27 x 18 x 3 cm ).
----------------------------------------------------------
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C
2. Melt the chocolate (broken in pieces) and the butter (in a pan on the stove or in the microwave oven) and let cool down to room temperature         
3. Fold in the sugar and the vanilla paste
4. Then add the eggs to the chocolate-butter-sugar mixture, the ground almonds and walnuts.

5. Pour these mixture in your baking pan (armed with some parchement paper or with a non sticking baking foil; these foil is great as you can adapt to quite every form of a baking pan..)
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes and let cool down. For me it is very difficult to wait until I cut the Brownies into pieces as the odour of chocolate is all around when you take the Brownies out of the oven and it is hard to wait until you can eat the first piece.
 












You understand why I call them Chocolate Heaven - Brownies? Unbeatable they are slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla ice........ How long can you resist before you try them? 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...